Some words I picked up from Cecelia's beliefs in dance during the class..
- Empowerment
- Passion- From within, that cannot be taught , it comes from the individual.
- Inclusion
- Translate- Individuals interpretation of movement.
- Facilitate- To suit every individual.
- creativity- Everyone has their own creativity, and it can be Incorporated in all dancing.
We were asked to improvise for a set amount of time with different types of music and guidance from Cecelia, and then ask our self the question 'What stops/bocks you and why?'
- People in the way/ not enough space.
- Thinking about my movement too much and not doing.
- Not always having a high level of confidence when I feel I cannot go any further with the movement.
We then answered the question 'Were there any surprises within your movement'
- Found moments of release and fluidity more than usual.
- I managed to travel around the whole space, even though i was not directly focusing on the idea of travel.
Another idea we questioned and focused on throughout the class was 'What makes you different, and what do you celebrate about your dancing?'
- Prepared to alternate between dynamics.
- Hold flow throughout, and do not stop and start movement constantly.
- Finding endless possibilities of movement on the floor.
- Considering stillness within my movement.
I really enjoyed this workshop, as it made me realise how much I am learning on this course and how I have developed so far. My focus and exploration has widened and I feel more confident during improvisation tasks. I am less afraid to try out new ideas, even if they do not always work. I am also starting to celebrate the way my body moves and my individuality as a dance artist.
No comments:
Post a Comment