Sunday, 6 March 2011
Body Story reflections and ideas
After focusing particularly on features such as flat shoulder blades, head to tail connection, length in the spine, floating skull, pelvis falling, and many others I have found that focusing on these has really improved my posture, alignment, and overall balance and control when dancing. This has had a positive effect on my spine. I have found since doing this I have not suffered with any lower back pain, which had done during the previous couple of years on and off during periods of time when I was doing a lot of dancing, e.g exams and auditions. This my have been due to over arching, sticking my pelvis out and leading with the chest, which i thought created good posture. I therefore feel as if I have been taught to correct the way I was moving before which has now had a positive effect on my back.. which means I can now dance with more ease, flow, and show a real connection between the skull and tail bone.
Labels:
Body Story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment