Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Performance project!

As a second year student we must take part in a module called Performance project. I am now part of a company called Influx, and our choreographer is Matthias Sperling. So far we have had one meeting with Matthias where we carried out several improvisational tasks. One of which I found I really connected with and enjoyed was building up movement by moving from areas of the body that 'light up'. So we moved from parts of the body that were of interest or held particular tension or energy. We also moved around the idea of all the cells in the body. I found that this encouraged me to feel light and bring the space into my moving, which influenced so many new ways of moving! Matthias also encouraged us to not take ourselves too seriously and I found this also encouraged the light movement, and not to think to much into what I was doing, just to enjoy dancing improvisationaly. Another task we did involved moving this way focusing on the cells etc but traveling from one side of the room to the other without the audience realising this was our intention. This still seems like an almost impossible task but after a few attempts we found moving slower and without outwardly focusing on the finishing point, we were able to move across the space without being too obvious about it. I really enjoyed the day with Matthias and look forward to our intensive rehearsal week :)     

No comments:

Post a Comment