Saturday, 2 March 2013

'2 Minute dances'

We were asked to improvise around our personal interests within our developing practise this year. We did 4 lots of 2 minute dances in between writing about our experiences in our journals. I found that each time I improvised I found new interests and further developments- here are some of the rough notes I recorded in my journal during the class:


1. Loose jaw. Free neck. Head- gravity, air, focus. Roll, stretch. Internal- External. Utilising the whole body. Full exploration. freedom.


2. Hips, pelvis, jaw- Free. Rolling- taking to extreme- where else can this happen in the body? How can gravity support this? taking the limbs to extremes.


3. Folding every possible area that can be. Balance. Gliding. How long can the fold go before having to give into it and give into gravity. ripples. Being seen. Being heard. How can this be possible at all times, even when focusing internally?


4. Loose limbs. Light touch- leaving the floor. Soft. Sponge. Transition into shapes. Soft air over limbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment