During our technique improvisation class we were given the opportunity to collaborate with music students, who would perform and work along side us during the session. This was a first time experience for me which was very exciting! During the session we were put into groups containing both dancers and musicians and carried out a series of tasks together, where dancers would improvise movement in response to the live sounds, and the musicians would create scores and improvise rhythms in response to the movement using instruments, voice and clapping.
I found that using the live music created a whole new atmosphere in the room and therefore a new way of moving and experimenting with rhythms, which I really enjoyed.
The last part of the session involved all of us in a circle around the room and holding an improvisation jam. The musicians could play their instruments/sing/clap at changing rhythms while the dancers came in and out of the space moving as we wanted. The movement and atmosphere was really alive, and the relationship between movement and music was an interesting idea that I could go on to explore in more depth.
No comments:
Post a Comment