Monday, 30 January 2012

Improvisation score

 Using this grid as an improvisation score in the space, we explored each section and then performed it as a group and had the option to move from one area to another as much as we wanted to, as well as the option to change/add to the rules. We decided to add echoing others' movement, and introduce stillness to the score.

Moving in a way that suggests a fear in life...

Public speaking
Being still and seen in a space with an audience




Moving in a way from our past moving experience...

Tap
Ballet
Swimming
Jazz
Hip hop

Wild card- Expressing dreams and future hopes...

Travelling
 Moving without expectation
Jumps- expressing freedom






Moving in a way we like/feel comfortable doing...

Fluid
Focusing on head to tail connection
Use of breath
Detail
Floor work



I enjoyed this task as it was nice to have a chance to move in a way I used to, or particularly enjoy. This was really different to any other improvisation scores I have done on this course, which at first I felt a bit uncomfortable doing as usually I do not often get the opportunity to move in this way, however this inspired me to work harder and explore further, as I was having to think harder about the ways I was trying to move.  

No comments:

Post a Comment