In the session we worked in partners focussing on our backs. We began by settling into a comfortable position while sitting with as much of our back surface touching as possible. I found I could really imagine my partners spine, shoulder blades, muscles and tissues in my back as I could feel them on my partner and there was contact in these areas, which really brought my awareness to them.
When moving slowly, exploring our partners back and our own I felt smooth, soft and firm surfaces, as well as power and support when leaning in and out of contact.
I feel like most of the time my back and torso is the root to my moving, so the warmth and support made me want to move fully into my limbs also. Being in contact also brought my focus to my head to tail connection and my breath in relation to my partners'.
When exploring the breath as well as moving we sighed out loud and hummed, creating vibrations and deeper feeling within the back tissues. It also brought my awareness to the fact that I can notice my breath, and the release it gives my body, and how it allows deeper explorations when moving.
No comments:
Post a Comment