Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Technique class with Natalie Garratt

My muscles all over my body were aching a lot before beginning the class so I found it difficult to concentrate and find fluidity to my movement as I was constantly feeling the tightness in my muscles. We did a fairly slow phrase on the floor which explored initiating movement from either the skull or tail during rolling and other movements. This allowed me to stretch a little and concentrate on these parts, so I was able to just use notice my aching body and incorporate this within the explorations instead of allowing it to stop my taking part in class. The idea of yielding and softening in and out of the floor and from one movement to the next also allowed me to explore the phrase fully without allowing the aching to get in the way. Warming up the muscles has helped me feel less stiff and now I also need to rest so I can take part in classes without the distraction of aching muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment