Monday, 12 November 2012

Contact Improvisation 5th November

Today's class was heavily focussed on the giving and taking of weight with a partner in order to move together with a full body awareness.

We started with hands on graphics, waking up the whole body by massaging, pulling, lifting, taking weight, and moving the body without response from our partner. Then as the hands on became more intense, the partner experiencing it started to allow themselves to move in response. This then developed into both of us moving with each other, but really taking the other persons weight and allowing ours to be taken. This meant thee was a lot of rolling, pulling, and stretching of body parts.

I felt I could relax into movement more, and the partner work as I knew my partner was holding a lot of my weight and we could feel deep into our own and each others muscles.

Found it usefull to focus on the idea of really 'getting underneath'.

No comments:

Post a Comment