Monday, 14 February 2011

Duet beginnings

We have been given an assignment to choreograph a duet sketch.. I will keeping track of my choreographic process here on my blog.

To start thinking about duets I have thought of other duets unrelated to dance that will encourage me to consider different relationships and their significance to each other, to see if this could be a stimulus for a dance duet.
  • love and hate
  • light and dark
  • knife and fork
  • brother and sister
  • bread and butter
  • man and woman
  • thunder and lightening
  • black and white
  • left and right
  • Tom and jerry
  • Bucket and spade
I have been considering how some of these cannot have one without the other, how some are opposites, and some are just associated with each other.

Please comment if you can think of any more that I may find relevant to my exploration of duets :)

No comments:

Post a Comment