We were given a task to sit in a place of choice for 15 minutes and carry out these instructions..
'Sit quietly in a chosen place, with paper and pen to hand
throw open your attention.. see what comes
as you sit
make a list of sensory impressions.. sounds.. sensations in your body.. colours
whatever call attention to itself'
What I found interesting from carrying out this task in my bedroom with the windows open, is that it is never silent. Sounds constantly fill the air, even if I could not hear noises from the environment I could hear noises from my body such as breathing and my thinking. The idea that there is never silence made me think about how this is the same as movement, and that the environment is always moving and changing, even if not visible, our body's are never completely still due to breathing again, and other natural movements. This really interested me and could be a stimulus for a piece of choreography, the fact that we never stop moving even if we are trying to be still, and how movement and sound are never ending.
No comments:
Post a Comment