Sunday, 13 February 2011

Skinner releasing technique.. class three

In this session we did a lot of partner work, and work using the hands in order to help our partner soften in certain areas. On exercise I particularly found usefull was one where we had to find the lowest point in our partners ribs/ the floating rib, and using our hands lift the whole rib cage from this point outwards and upwards. This encouraged spaces and length in the vertebrae and ribs. I could feel this in my body and felt taller and longer when my partner let go. We then encouraged a free neck and skull and brushed the shoulders downward and outwards. This left my upper body feeling long and lengthened, and ready to dance.
During the improvisation tasks, one image I connected with was one where we had to imagine we were dancing in water currents under the surface of water. I found this made me dance fluidly and softly in the body as a whole, although sometimes finding moments of detail, mainly in the hands and feet. Therefore I would definitely use this image again when improvising.

No comments:

Post a Comment